Support in Response to the Recent Storm Damage
The North Shore of Kauai needs your donations! The North Shore Library at Princeville is offering a variety of support in response to the recent flood damage on Kauai, and also asking for the public's support as the recovery effort continues.
- There will be a donation bin at the Princeville Public Library for school supplies and books. These supplies will be sent to Aloha School. They need everything except for crayons... preschool-level small hardcover books and the big story books are the keiki’s favorites, but anything preschool appropriate is appreciated. Since the entire school was flooded, office supplies may also be useful. They also have a list of other needed items here.
- Hanalei Elementary is accepting monetary donations.
- The library is waiving fines for storm-damaged books and overdue items.
- The library is replacing any library cards lost in the flood for free.
- The library is offering free, 24/7 open-access WiFi. The WiFi is called HSPLS_Storm.
- The library is also accepting donations of keiki books, games, puzzles and craft supplies to send up to the kids still in Wainiha and Haena.
Thank you for your support.